YES Energy endeavours to manage each complaint it receives in a respectful, empathetic and efficient manner towards the customer involved. YES Energy regularly trains their representatives on techniques to encourage an amicable relationship between the customer and YES Energy to remain after the dispute is resolved.
For each complaint, our representatives are encouraged to:
• Be customer focused
• Be open and accountable
• Act fairly and proportionately
• Resolve all complaints efficiently and effectively
YES Energy also encourages its representatives to be patient, articulate and be able to fairly balance the interests of the organisation with those of the consumer. YES Energy always encourages its representatives to communicate legitimate complaints to the leadership team so that the business can effectively assess any need for changes to policies and processes.
We will always ensure the training undertaken helps strengthen communication skills and alert representatives to the different needs of consumers from different cultural, ethnic, socio-economic or educational backgrounds.
You can download a copy of YES Energy's Standard Complaints Handling Policies and Procedures here.
Our commitment to you, our customer:
- We recognise you have the right to raise concerns regarding your energy supply and service
- We will endeavour to resolve any issues you have in relation to any product, offer or service we provide in an effective, professional and respectful manner
- We will respond quickly to complaints with the aim of resolving the complaint with you quickly and efficiently
- We will consistently keep you informed of progress being made on a complaint raised by you
- We will advise you of how and when you can escalate a complaint to more senior staff at YES Energy, and inform you of your right to issue a formal complaint with the relevant Ombudsman for your state or territory, or any other relevant organisation
- We will use your feedback to further improve the way we manage complaints and disputes
Open-minded and objective, treating each compliant in an unbiased and objective manner to obtain a fair and reasonable outcome for both parties.
Accessible and transparent. We will ensure you have access to the information and resources you require to ensure your complaint is satisfactorily handled, and how you can escalate the complaint should you be unsatisifed with the result.
Our team will endeavour to find a resolution for your complaint at the first point of contact, however some complaints are more complex and require further investigation. Should this be the case, we will aim to have a reasonable outcome for your complaint within 15 business days. If YES Energy require more time than this, we will contact you to dicuss our options.
You have the right to access or correct any personal information we hold about you. You may obtain this information by contacting out Customer Care team on 1300 777 937, or by emailing [email protected].
YES Energy are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information. During any complaint procedure, we will keep your personal information confidential and will not disclose it to third parties (except as may be permitted or required under relevant privacy legislation).
Energy and Water Ombudsman of New South Wales
Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland
Freecall: 1800 662 837
Translation services: 131 450
For help using an interpreter visit TIS
National Relay Service: 133 677
For help using this service visit NRS
Fax: (07) 3006 2670
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Level 16/53 Albert Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000
Energy and Water Ombudsman of South Australia
Freecall: 1800 665 565
National relay service: 133 677
Translating and interpreting service (TIS): 131 450
Post: GPO Box 2947 Adelaide SA 5001
Office address (by appointment only):
Level 11, 50 Pirie Street Adelaide SA 5000