If you need your electricity meter changed or removed, please contact us on 1300 777 937.
We will arrange for your new meter to be installed. Once we have submitted your request for a new meter, your meter provider will contact you to book in a date for the work.
- If no connection alteration is required, either on a date agreed with you or within 15 business days from when you make the request.
- If a connection alteration is required, either on a date agreed with both you and your electricity distributor or with 15 business days from when you make the request.
- If a new connection is required, either on a date agreed with you and your distributor once supply has been confirmed or within 6 business days from when you make the request.
Exchanging a meter usually takes approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours to complete. Common causes for delays for installation schedules and timeframes are:
- Unsafe environments, such as a loose switchboard, exposed wires or a point of attachment that is too high or low.
- Unclear access to the meter box.
- Locked gates or meter boxes.
- Installing the meter will cause interruptions in supply to other customers.
- If there is a requirement for life support at the property then a more co-ordinated plan between yourself the metering provider and your distributor is required and may take longer than usual.
- Complex meter exchanges that require pre-work to be completed by your distributor prior to the meter exchange occurring.
- If you haven’t agreed to a meter installation